Expertise in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Aundh, Pune
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the specialty of dentistry which includes the diagnosis, surgical and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region.
1. Removal of impacted, damaged, and non-restorable teeth.
2. Reconstructive surgery after removing tumours from the face, neck, jaw, or mouth.
3. Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
4. Infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaws, and neck.
5. Oral mucosa, such as mouth ulcers.
6. Jaw surgery to realign the jaws (orthognathic surgery).
7. Dental implants, and the regeneration of deficient bone and gum tissues.
8. Structural abnormalities involving the mouth, neck or face.
9. Congenital defects (cleft lip and palate and jaw growth problems).
10. Oral cancer (removal of tissue or tumours for biopsy).
11. Facial injuries including facial lacerations, intra-oral lacerations, and fractured facial bones.
12. Cosmetic dental procedures (such as chin and cheekbone enhancements).
A facial and oral abnormality could not only interfere with someone’s ability to function normally, it can affect every part of their life. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons have the skills necessary to restore a person's function and appearance, but foremost, a person’s ability to live normally.